Timber Faced Guardrail
Welcome to Timber Faced Guardrail (TFG), New Zealand.
We offer a NZTA approved G2m and G4m Timber Faced Guardrail system. This is a
guardrail that combines the strength of 20+ year old Pinus timber with hot galvanised
steel to achieve an environmentally aesthetic guardrail for where increased safety is required.
See our Design and Maintenence Manual.
The system is available in 4 metre, or 2 metre posts spacing to allow less deflection on
or tight radii.
TFG log rails have been installed throughout New Zealand since 2005 from Paihia
to Dunedin. A 2.6km installation is on the Zig-Zag section of the Crown Range near
Variations of the G2m and G4m rail system are available for 2 handrail layouts, termination at
an abutment or wall, joining to a w-section, painted steel to the environments colours and a
heavy duty system capable of a bus impact.
To ensure a good central supply of stock for new orders
and repair requirements we have stockpiled rail, posts and components in Nelson, NZ.
We have provided a wide range of photos so that you can visualize how your project will look.
Features of Timber Faced Guardrail
- NZTA approved to NCHRP 350 TL2
- Aesthetically appealing log rails
- Rapid & easy to install
- Cost effective with alternative guardrail
- Variable post spacing to avoid underground
or tree roots etc.
- Ideal for parks, skifields and urban areas
- Timber masks available to cover visible steel
- 4m & 2m posts and rails allow tight radii and
less impact deflection
- Suitable to speed environments up to 70 kph
- Approved to NZTA TL2
- Crash tested to EN 1317 at 110kph
- Height of top of rail 680 - 720mm
- Post spacing 2m or 4m
- Timber Rails are 180mm diameter
- See Design and Maintenance Manual for full details